RB4100 - Manual RoadBlade System
Controlling unauthorised traffic from entering restricted roadways, gates, etc. has become a high priority. PMG, Inc. can provide you with adequate physical security in order to prepare for and defend against today's security threats. The RoadBlade tyre shredding system helps you do that by securing your perimeter and stopping the targeted vehicle.
The Manual RoadBlade package contains everything you need for vehicle checkpoints, emergency roadblocks, and random traffic control situations. It requires no electricity, therefore, this system can be deployed anywhere security is needed and the power supply is limited. The manual RoadBlade is ideal for those requiring additional security only when the security threat is high or when the security location may frequently change. It can be deployed in less than five minutes, taking minimal time to increase security.
The operator controls when, and if, the blades are reactivated by pushing on the lever on the control box. Pull back on the lever to lower the blades and lock them in the down position.
Manual RoadBlade Package
1 - Manual control box, 7 - 50.8 cm modules, 2 - MIL-SPEC cases (63.5cm x 50.8cm x 30.48cm)
The Manual RoadBlade system has a standard length of 3.66 meters and can be extended to a maximum of 7.62 meters. per control box. The underside of each module contains approximately 20 traction spikes that maintain the modules position on dirt or asphalt surfaces. If deployed on concrete surfaces, anchor plates are required under each module. The Manual RoadBlade is stored and transported using two MIL-SPEC cases allowing it to be easily placed in a truck or SUV and relocated to another deployment site.
Benefits & Features
- The Manual RoadBlade is capable of withstanding high traffic volumes and will remain active and in position should multiple target vehicles pass over the system.
- The lever enables the system to be in a permanent up or down mode.
- Personnel are not put in a crouched position. They can remain ready and alert and maintain constant eye contact, activating the blades on demand using the lever.
- Inflicts minimal damage on the targeted vehicle.
- Individual modules are 50.8 cm long, 29.53 cm wide, and 3.18 cm high.
- Each module contains five individual retractable stainless steel blades.
- Each module contains four 1.91 cm mounting holes,
- Each module has two 1.91 cm locking connections to connect to the next module
- Each module is able to withstand over 52 tons of direct pressure when placed on a flat surface
- Modules are powder coated per customers request; black colour is standard when no request is made.
- Module casting material is comprised of 356 T51 Aluminium, weighing 17 pounds,
- The underside of each module has 5 tunnels to allow dirt and water to wash out from underneath.
- Connecting .625 cm ball screws are stainless steel.
- Blade height is 6.99 cm
- Blade width is 9.84 cm.
- Mounted to the module using two 2.86 cm mounting plates and four screws to lock the blades in.
- When retracted, the blades sit recessed in the module to allow vehicles to pass over un harmed.
- When active, the blades are spaced 10.16 cm apart.
- While activated, vehicles will not be able to pass over the system in either direction without severe tire damage.
- Blades are field serviceable and replaceable,
- Each blade has 4 separate angles for insertion into tires; two outside angles 77 are degrees, and the two inside angles are 48.5 degrees.
- Comprised of 17- 4PH Stainless Steel, CB7Cul, ASTM A747.
- Solution annealed and aged (H925 condition) to a hardness of RC38 Min.
- Measurement of connecting ears to shaft require a distance of 2.28 - 2.33 cm.
- Finish of blades are 125 RMS.
- Blades are power coated per customers request ; black colour is standard when no request is made.
- Centre shafts connecting the blades are comprised of stainless steel.
Please visit our dedicated website www.roadblade.co.uk for more detailed information.